Did you know?
- More than 1.1 million people in the United States are living with HIV infection, and almost 1 in 5 are unaware of their infection.
- At some point of in their lifetimes, an estimated 1 in 16 black men and 1 in 32 black women will be diagnosed with HIV infection.
- Georgia reported 38,300 AIDS cases to CDC, cumulatively, from the beginning of the epidemic through December 2008. Georgia ranked 6th highest among the 50 states in cumulative reported AIDS cases.
- Do you know your status?
- Ask for more information about the causes, risks, prevention and treatment for HIV/AIDS and ask for the sexual history of your partner(s).
- Accept responsibility for knowing your HIV status and reducing your risk.
- Act responsibly and in the best interest of yourself, your partner(s).